Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Journal 10

I would have to agree with this article, especially when the writer states, "You click too much, read too little, and remember even less". This is exactly what I do when researching for a paper. I'm constantly clicking through numerous articles, trying to find the shortest one that gets to the main point. After skimming an article, I try to understand what it was about, but in the end can barely remember the meaning of it. Since technology has boomed and google has appeared, I rely on the internet a lot more than I used to. Instead of renting out books from the library to do research, I now browse the internet for any information I may need. People have begun to rely on the internet and are ignorant of all of the other sources that are available to them besides the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment