Thursday, April 14, 2011

Journal 9

Mike Zardus,
This semester I have learned a lot about my style of writing. I feel like I have developed my own sense of humor while writing which also helps. Throughout this class I have gained a way better understanding of how to analyze a text rather than just trying to summarize it. I think my diction has also gotten stronger. For the most part I agree with Vonnegut's rules for style. I partly disagree with his second rule because I feel like each author writes depending on his audience and that's how it should be. For example, if you are giving a speech to politicians you should adjust based on their viewpoints and what not however, if you are writing to friends it's not a big deal. All I'm saying is to be aware of your audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment