Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Journal 9

I have learned a lot about my style of writing this semester. I have learned that I need to be pushed to write deeper thoughts into my writing. ENG 112 has taught me to explore a text more thoroughly. In my writing I always have an opening, body, and closing paragraphs. I like to write with emotion and write on topics others can relate to. I try to use words that everyone can understand. I agree with most of Vonnegut's rules for style. I partly disagree with his rule "Sound Like Yourself." Depending on who the audience is for the text you are writing, I feel adjustments need to be made. If you are writing to a scholarly or academic audience, a writer might want to consider adjusting their language to meet the needs of that particular audience. This would apply to other audiences too.

No comments:

Post a Comment