Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Journal 1

I have never considered myself to be a writer. It has always been a struggle for me to do well in all my English classes. Up until I got to college I always found English to be extremely boring and I hated writing essays. I do not think that I have ever written something for fun. Whenever I am assigned to write a paper they are usually a struggle for me to complete and I am never happy with the final product. I can never seem to get the words in my head onto the paper in a way that makes sense. Last semester when I took ENG 111 that was the first time that I actually enjoyed an English class and did well. The assignments where a lot of fun and it was nice to get out of the 5 paragraph format essays and just be able to write. I am hoping that my ENG 112 experience will be very similar to my ENG 111. I felt like I grew a lot in my writing last semester and hopefully I will continue to do that this semester.

1 comment:

  1. I don't consider myself as a writer exactly. I don't normally just write for fun but when given a prompt that I enjoy I usually have a good time writing. I enjoyed writing my essays last semester in English 111 and my senior year of high school. The essays didn't always turn out the way I planned for them too and didn't always recieve the grades that I would've liked but it was definitely a good learning experience. I am excited for this semesters class because we actually get to read and then write about it rather then just given a prompt.

    ReplyDelete