Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Journal Two

To me a close reading is digging into the text and really getting to know and understand it. Normal reading is reading through the text and understanding what it is talking about on the surface and maybe catching some in-depth meaning every once and a while. When I close read I look for patterns that the author may use in his/her writing so that I can link this pattern with a possible hidden meaning. When I think of close reading I don't get especially excited because I know that I'm going to have to look into the text and truly try to understand everything that is going on. As we've started close reading in class I've continued to agree with myself on the fact that I still don't like it very much. Although I do realize that by practicing this skill, it will be advantageous in the future when I need to understand more than what's on the surface of a text.

No comments:

Post a Comment