Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Journal 1

Do I consider myself a writer? Yes and no. The term writer holds different meanings depending on the person. To me, the term writer means one writes stories or articles for a living. People like Ernest Hemingway and Tolkien are writers. I'm a writer in the context that I've written papers and I will continue to write papers as my education progresses, but it's usually not by choice. The main reason for why I write is to get a grade and pass the class. Though that sounds bad, that's how a series of bad English teachers has shaped my outlook on writing. In this class I hope to achieve a better understanding of writing and how it can be done for a grade,but also somewhat enjoyable at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't sound bad that you write for a grade; it's reality. It's true that you're going to have write sometimes when you don't want to...so it's good to have some strategies so you'll do it well. And maybe if you're lucky, you'll have a little bit of fun too.

    ReplyDelete